Tomato, Feta, Zucchini, and Thyme Torta Salata
A BRIGHT AND COLOURFUL SUMMER FLAN
Ingredients: Home-made shortcrust pastry or 1 pack ready to use shortcrust / puff pastry, 100g cubed Feta, 8-10 Cherry tomatoes (halved), 1/2 round zucchine or 1 small long zucchine, 3-4 sprigs thyme, salt and pepper, olive oil for drizzling
Preparation: 10 mins + 25 Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 200C and prepare a round baking tray with baking paper (you should find your pastry comes with some)
2. Place your pastry in the tray
3. Finely slice the zucchine and cover the base of the pastry. If using a round zucchine you can lay the slices around as you would for a fruit flan. If using a long zucchine then slice in rounds.
4. Half the tomatoes and scatter on top of the zucchine.
5. Cube your feta and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
6. Sprinkle over the thyme leaves and some salt and pepper to taste and finally drizzle a little olive oil.
7. Bake for c. 25 mins in centre of hot oven.
8. Leave to cool slightly before eating.