Just one day to go till Halloween and if you have young kids I’m sure excitement is almost at fever pitch! Here at Kalila we love a bit of fancy dress and Halloween fun and will be enjoying with our friends and families. Whether you live in the middle of a busy city or countryside here are some of our top tips for having fun and staying safe.
Trick or Treat
- Always accompany young children under the age of 12yrs.
- Ensure older children stay in groups and stick to your neighbourhood and keep in touch with regular updates.
- Ensure unaccompanied children know emergency numbers should they be needed or have a designated house to go to in an emergency.
- Give a curfew so they can have fun but also know what time is hometime.
- Stick to the pavement and cross roads at designated crossings.
- Be visible so other pedestrians and motorists can easily see you.
- Hold hands when crossing as big groups are more easily seen.
- Don’t cross between parked cars or other obstructions as motorists may not see you.
- Check whether costumes are made from inflammable materials as many accidents have occurred with costumes catching fire on candles (or similar) with serious results.
- With young children it may be better to use face paints rather than masks which can obscure vision.
But most of all. Have fun!