Looking for something new to wow your friends and family with at the table this summer. Conjure up Mediterranean al fresco dining with this simple one pot fish bake. Great for mums juggling little ones as can be prepared in less than 5 minutes and needs only 15-20 mins cooking time. All that’s needed is a quick salad to serve alongside leaving you with plenty of time to sit back and enjoy a glass of wine!
Atlantic Cod with Prawns & Samphire
Ingredients (Serves 4): 4 equal sized cod fillets, 3-4 large prawns per person, 200g fresh samphire, 10 cherry tomatoes (halved), 1 handful of small black olives, Olive oil, pepper, baking paper/foil to cover
Preparation: <5 mins prep, <15-20 mins cooking
- Pre-heat oven to 180-190C
- Prepare an oven-proof dish with a small amount of oil.
- Place the cod fillets and prawns around the dish.
- Cover with the samphire, tomatoes and olives.
- Cover with baking paper / foil and place into the oven to bake for 10-15 mins.
- Remove the paper, and leave to cook for a further 5 mins.
- The cod should flake easily once cooked. Test one fillet before removing them all from the dish. Leave to cook for an extra couple of minutes if required.
Serving suggestion: Fresh lemon and a mixed leaf side salad.